Phatty K's Blog Thingy do-hickey

Enter Description here.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

What about other than work?

I've been lucky enough to have my parents in town for a day or so. No really. I was having a terrible start to a work day. Walking onto a station that is not stocked and ready for a busy night when you are already on an hour wait. There are things that really piss me off and not being ready to rock is one of them. My parents and my Uncle George and Aunt Maragette were there and that made things better. Being that

I work in an open kitchen I had a little fun knowing they were watching, made the flames fly and made the the empty saute pan smoke showing off the heat that I work with everyday. I make a point to try to make people appreciate what we fo for them because I hate people who take a meal out, and not realize the the stress, heat and work that goes into it.

I'm serious see at home how long it takes to make an empty saute pan smoke.... its damn hot people, no TOUCHIE.(dont really try this at home or you will hurt yourself, dont use water to cool down the pan cause it jumps out and you will hurt you or your over curious pet) I use a towel to handle a pan, I burn holes in them throughout the night and have to get new ones often on a busy night, and I am not exaggerating.

The point of that story is that is was a busy night, I didnt not have my mise en place ready to rock and I was is a bad bood. But it was nice and ut a grin on my face to face family there to try to show off for, show them what I go through, make them see what I do on a daily baisis. Few people reconize the stress and energy that it takes to be a line cook/chef, and that is why I love the open kitchen.
I feel that it gives the normal consumer an idea of what amount of energy and stress that goes into there little happy fricken meal. Theres a reason me make what we do and theres a reason that we drink afterward the amount that we do.

Its called a vice, everyone has one. My parents have there home projects, I have my bar. Sad, true, but I'm not hiding it and I'm not regretting it. You have to wind down and I dont want to wind down staring at my computer, if I tried, I would be up all night.


The point of this post, that my parent made clear to me today, is that I dont have anything other than work to talk about. I work, I go out drinking with my Bahama Breeze Buds and thats it. I'm a single male, and what I do is work, and drink with people I work with. There suble(blunt to me, but I appreciate there suble-ness) was that I most definataley(and I agree) need somewhere else to be with and meet people other than work.

My Father has made his work his life, he takes it seriously as I do mine. The differnece is that he has a Wife and a home to work on together. I guess you can call that vice for him. My vice is a drink with friends and cigarettes. Cigarettes bad, yes duh. The other thats debatable, maybe I dont want to go home and just watch TV and play games alone.

3 Comments:

At 12:59 AM, Blogger Sean said...

I have a vice too, it's called Home and Garden TV. Don't tell anyone though.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger kelly said...

Okay, Please to turn to HGTV like sean. Then I would really have to worry! (sorry sean!) I am over here sitting here jealous that you have you fiends to go out with when you have a tough night at work.

Maybe instead of going to the bar at night, which alcohol is a depressant,isn't helping the matter. Maybe you can have friends over in the early afternoon (since you work so late) and make breakfast. Everyone take turns doing it. I don't know. Do somethink in the early afternoon. That may give you a reason to go home and go to bed, to see your friends in the morning. That way you may go to work happier. Love you

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

lol! "not being ready to rock". You're too funny. BTW, I have switched to blogger for my blog, as you can tell by my posting a comment. I was annoyed at diaryland for not having the capability of an rss/atom feed. Later!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home